UK: Anheuser renews Premier League football deal
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007.
The worldwide deal has been extended to cover all Anheuser-Busch brands, with the main focus in the UK and China on Budweiser. This will see Budweiser, A-B's flagship brand, continue in its position as "Official Beer of The Premier League" and become "Official Website Partner" until 2010. Budweiser has been an official sponsor of the Premier League since 2002.
This deal gives the brewer rights to use The Premier League corporate logo and the Lion and Trophy marks. Budweiser also get access to selected player imagery for use in advertising, point-of-sale and packaging, plus a significant allocation of VIP packages for hospitality and match tickets for promotional activity.
As "Official Online Partner" Budweiser will remain exclusive alcohol sponsor and advertiser of the Fantasy Premier League competition in the "Games & Fun" section of the website: www.premierleague.com.
"We are delighted to renew our relationship with what is officially the greatest football league in the world. This ongoing deal will allow Budweiser to reach Premier League fans around the globe." said Tony Ponturo, vice president, global media and sports marketing, Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "Budweiser and the Premier League set the very highest standards in everything that we do, and we look forward to continuing this successful partnership."
The renewed three-year deal will also see Budweiser become Official Beer of the 2007 & 2009 Asia Trophy tournaments, increasing visibility and awareness in one of the brand's key territories.
Budweiser continues to be the "Official Beer" of Manchester United and "Official Partner" of Manchester City, as well as being the "Official Beer" sponsor of the FIFA World Cup™ since 1986.
Alcohol harm is back at the top of the media agenda this week - is it ever away for long? The Alcohol Health Alliance, a newly-formed association of 24 leading health organisations in the UK, is c...
A committee of the European Parliament has come down firmly in favour of drastic changes to the European Commission's plans for reforming the EU's wine sector....
Sapporo Holdings has requested further information from Steel Partners for the third time, regarding the US private equity group's attempts to up its stake in the Japanese company....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
The UK Prime Minister has warned the drinks industry to 'get more involved' with the issues of under-age and binge-drinking in the country, or face tougher action in the future....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review