US: Anheuser mulls Modelo merger to thwart InBev - report
The Wall Street Journal reported today that the US beer giant has begun preliminary talks with Modelo about a possible combination of the brewers. It sourced 'people familiar with the matter'.
The newspaper said that A-B had approached Carlos Fernandez, chief executive of Modelo and an Anheuser director, about a deal after news surfaced that InBev was weighing a bid for Anheuser.
A combined Anheuser/Modelo business could be too big for InBev to buy. Anheuser-Busch already owns a roughly 50% non-controlling stake in Modelo.
Lotte Group is taking part in the bidding process for the spirits-making division of Doosan Corp, reports said Friday (12 December)....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Newly formed super brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it has sold more than 99% of shares issued to raise funds for its US$52bn merger....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to cut around 1,400 jobs in the US as part of the newly merged group's integration plan....
Newly formed brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev may look to sell off its Budweiser Stag Brewery as part of a restructuring progamme in the UK, analysts believe....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it has begun looking to restructure its operations in the UK....
Tsingtao Brewery is looking to up its presence in the central Chinese province of Hubei, with the construction of a new production facility, according to local reports....
Job cuts are looming for employees of new super brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev in the UK, according to a report....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer