US: Anheuser-Busch to launch Bud Light with lime
Anheuser-Busch has announced plans to launch a lime-infused extension to its Bud Light brand in the US.
Speaking to just-drinks yesterday (13 February) A-B confirmed that "Bud Light Lime has been in the works for more than two years", and will launch across the US on 5 May, supported by outdoor, TV, radio, print and digital advertising campaigns.
The brewer said that the move comes in response to consumers' growing interest in flavoured drinks noted by the heightened trend in energy drinks and vitamin-infused water.
The brand extension is set to see A-B make a speculated investment of over US$35m on its advertising and launch campaign to support its entry into "The Bud Family".
The spokesperson added that the drink "addresses the sweeter palate of 29% of beer consumers" building off the success of its Bud Light brand. The six-pack will reportedly retail at $1-1.50 more than Bud Light.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Functional drinks may be a relatively recent phenomenon in many markets but they are certainly nothing new in Japan where 'genki' energy drinks have been enthusiastically consumed for decades. Moreove...
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
Hansen Natural has said profits increased 35% in its first half, but the group warned of rising raw materials costs and a slowing energy drink market in the US....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. is considering cutting back on investments in the rest of this year, according to local reports....
The personal data of more than 2,000 people connected to Anheuser-Busch may have fallen into criminal hands, following a break-in at offices owned by the brewer....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Brewery giant Anheuser-Busch (A-B) is looking to run its US operations on 15% renewable fuel by 2010....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review