US: Anheuser-Busch to launch Bud Light with lime
Anheuser-Busch has announced plans to launch a lime-infused extension to its Bud Light brand in the US.
Speaking to just-drinks yesterday (13 February) A-B confirmed that "Bud Light Lime has been in the works for more than two years", and will launch across the US on 5 May, supported by outdoor, TV, radio, print and digital advertising campaigns.
The brewer said that the move comes in response to consumers' growing interest in flavoured drinks noted by the heightened trend in energy drinks and vitamin-infused water.
The brand extension is set to see A-B make a speculated investment of over US$35m on its advertising and launch campaign to support its entry into "The Bud Family".
The spokesperson added that the drink "addresses the sweeter palate of 29% of beer consumers" building off the success of its Bud Light brand. The six-pack will reportedly retail at $1-1.50 more than Bud Light.
Sectors: Beer & cider
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Functional drinks may be a relatively recent phenomenon in many markets but they are certainly nothing new in Japan where 'genki' energy drinks have been enthusiastically consumed for decades. Moreove...
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
Hansen Natural has said profits increased 35% in its first half, but the group warned of rising raw materials costs and a slowing energy drink market in the US....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. is considering cutting back on investments in the rest of this year, according to local reports....
The personal data of more than 2,000 people connected to Anheuser-Busch may have fallen into criminal hands, following a break-in at offices owned by the brewer....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Brewery giant Anheuser-Busch (A-B) is looking to run its US operations on 15% renewable fuel by 2010....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends