US: Anheuser-Busch to distribute Tequila in US
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed plans to distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the US state of Massachusetts.
The company said yesterday (6 June), that the agreement builds on the relationship with Jimmy Buffett, who A-B partnered with earlier this year to develop Land Shark Lager through its Margaritaville Brewing Company.
AB's vice president of business operations Dave Peacock said: "While our core brands remain our primary focus, we recognise that our industry is defined by change and look at all sources of industry volume for potential growth opportunities."
The US-based brewer recently reported a 3.7% year-on-year lift in Q1 net income, which hit US$518m. Net sales for the three-month period edged up 2.7%, reaching $3.8bn. US market share, however, slid in the three-month period, down to 50.2% from 50.9% a year earlier.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has reaffirmed its full-year earnings per share growth despite the rising costs of commodities....
Brown-Forman has reported a healthy lift in operatng profit for its third quarter, thanks in part to its purchase of Casa Herrdura....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
Anheuser-Busch has launched two seasonal beers under its Michelob brand....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015