US: Anheuser-Busch target of takeover bid?
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on speculation linking the brewer to a takeover bid.
The US-based brewer saw its shares rise yesterday (10 October) following talk of a bid by ESL Investments, a hedge fund based in Connecticut run by billionaire investor Edward Lampert. Rumours suggested that ESL is considering a bid of US$56-per-share, which would value A-B at around US$44bn.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for A-B would not comment on the speculation. "It is our policy to not confirm, deny or speculate on rumours of potential investments, acquisitions, mergers, new business partnerships or other transactions," the spokesperson said.
A US consumer watchdog has attacked Anheuser-Busch for its "kid-friendly" marketing of Spykes....
Chinese conglomerate China Resources Enterprise (CRE), SABMiller's ally in the country, has credited a "major leap" in its brewing business for its earnings and sales growth in 2006....
The former Rolling Rock brewery in the US is set to start brewing Samuel Adams. Boston Beer Co. has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylva...
Goldman Sachs has begun coverage of Dutch brewer Royal Grolsch....
Anheuser-Busch plans to build a greenfield brewery in the Chinese province of Guangdong. The US brewing giant said today (3 April) that the investment would help build on the "significant growth" of i...
The Czech Prime Minister is to visit state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar on Friday (6 April) to hold talks on the company's future, just-drinks understands....
Vietnam's largest brewer Sabeco is reportedly planning to sell 20% of its shares in an IPO....
Redhook Ale has insisted that talks on a potential merger with fellow US craft brewer Widmer Brothers Brewing Co. remain at a "preliminary" stage....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015