US: Anheuser-Busch target of takeover bid?
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on speculation linking the brewer to a takeover bid.
The US-based brewer saw its shares rise yesterday (10 October) following talk of a bid by ESL Investments, a hedge fund based in Connecticut run by billionaire investor Edward Lampert. Rumours suggested that ESL is considering a bid of US$56-per-share, which would value A-B at around US$44bn.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for A-B would not comment on the speculation. "It is our policy to not confirm, deny or speculate on rumours of potential investments, acquisitions, mergers, new business partnerships or other transactions," the spokesperson said.
A US consumer watchdog has attacked Anheuser-Busch for its "kid-friendly" marketing of Spykes....
Chinese conglomerate China Resources Enterprise (CRE), SABMiller's ally in the country, has credited a "major leap" in its brewing business for its earnings and sales growth in 2006....
The former Rolling Rock brewery in the US is set to start brewing Samuel Adams. Boston Beer Co. has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylva...
Goldman Sachs has begun coverage of Dutch brewer Royal Grolsch....
Anheuser-Busch plans to build a greenfield brewery in the Chinese province of Guangdong. The US brewing giant said today (3 April) that the investment would help build on the "significant growth" of i...
The Czech Prime Minister is to visit state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar on Friday (6 April) to hold talks on the company's future, just-drinks understands....
Vietnam's largest brewer Sabeco is reportedly planning to sell 20% of its shares in an IPO....
Redhook Ale has insisted that talks on a potential merger with fellow US craft brewer Widmer Brothers Brewing Co. remain at a "preliminary" stage....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report