US: Anheuser-Busch sets InBev takeover vote date
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of the date for a vote by shareholders on the brewer's proposed acquisition by InBev.
The US-based company, whose board unanimously recommended InBev's US$70-per-share takeover bid in July, said yesterday (6 October) that a special meeting will be held on 12 November. The meeting will be held at midday at the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands hotel in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Shareholders of record on 3 October will be entitled to vote on the proposal, which, if passed, would see A-B become a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of InBev.
"Additional information concerning the special meeting and the transaction will be in the A-B definitive proxy statement, which will be mailed by A-B to its shareholders later this week," the company said.
InBev's shareholders approved the transaction at a meeting last week in Belgium.
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
The chief executive of North American Breweries has said the company has no plans to move Labatt USA's brewing operations out of Canada, according to a report....
Anheuser-Busch InBev brand Bud Light will continue to sponsor the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour after signing a three-year contract extension....
Lotte Group has re-entered the bidding race to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery in South Korea, according to reports....
Tsingtao is to build its first brewery outside of China, after agreeing with partners to set up a US$56m plant in Thailand, according to local reports....
SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria SA, has completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in the country to Quinsa, a division of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Ambev business, for around US$27m....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has failed in its attempt to register the Budweiser name as a protected trademark in the EU....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends