Anheuser-Busch set for R Ippolito Distributing buy
R Ippolito Distributing primarily sells A-B brands
Anheuser-Busch has agreed to buy New York distributor R Ippolito Distributing for an undisclosed fee.
Staten Island-based R Ippolito controls territory next to A-B's distribution network in the Bronx, the US unit of A-B InBev said. It also already sells primarily Anheuser-Busch brands.
"All factors that aligned with our strategy and interests, once we learned Ippolito wanted to sell," said Bob Tallett, A-B's VP of business and wholesaler development. "This transaction also complements our existing urban footprint."
The company said it expects the transaction to close shortly.
The move follows two other A-B distribution agreements in Colorado in July. The company said it was to buy American Eagle Distributing in Loveland as well as transfer ownership of its Kentucky operations to Standard Sales Co in exchange for operations in Littleton, Pueblo and Colorado Springs.
On Friday, A-B InBev confirmed to just-drinks it is to close the Stag Brewery in London before the end of this year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev NV has an extensive strategic policy having just bought the American company SABMiller in 2015....
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s top domestic priorities in 2016 are to expand its premium beer offerings whilst elevating consumer sentiment towards core brands....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January....
The acquisition of South African Breweries' owner SABMiller is expected to be finalised by the end of 2016. However, antitrust clearance is still pending in South Africa....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends