US: Anheuser-Busch sees 2007 US volumes rise
Anheuser-Busch has reported a lift in shipment volumes in the US for 2007.
The brewer said today (7 January) that shipments to US wholesalers last year were up by 2% on 2006, coming in at 104.4m barrels. A-B credited the increase to its moves to "broaden the company's beer portfolio, including the addition of InBev European brands".
As wholesaler sales-to-retailers grew by 1.3%, acquired and import brands contributed 170 basis points of growth to shipments and 160 points to wholesaler sales-to-retailers for the full year.
"Our expanded beer portfolio along with our enhanced marketing and sales strategies to accelerate core beer sales position Anheuser-Busch for growth in volume and earnings in 2008," said company president and CEO, August Busch.
A-B is scheduled to provide worldwide beer volume and full-year results on 31 January.
From February last year, A-B began importing, selling, promoting and distributing Stella Artois, Beck's, Bass Pale Ale, Hoegaarden, Leffe and other selected InBev brands in the US. InBev's Canadian brands, including Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light, as well as Brahma, were not included in the agreement, and continue to be marketed and sold by InBev USA.
Anheuser-Busch this week responded to speculation about its future in a letter to its employees amidst the ongoing takeover dispute with InBev....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Anheuser-Busch has extended its marketing relationship with The Chicago Cubs through to 2013....
Beijing Yanjing Brewery is to issue between 85m and 110m new shares with a value of at least Y17.88 (US$2.61) a share, after receiving approval from the China Securities Regulatory Commission, local p...
A group of Anheuser-Busch shareholders have filed lawsuits against the brewer, claiming A-B's board has breached its fiduciary responsibility by rejecting InBev's recent takeover offer....
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company and Redhook Ale Brewery have completed their merger, renaming the combined company Craft Brewers Alliance....
InBev has responded to Anheuser-Busch's rejection of its takeover bid by reiterating the perceived positives of its original offer....
InBev has responded to Anheuser-Busch's rejection of its takeover proposal by saying it is "considering A-B's reaction" to the bid....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends