US: Anheuser-Busch rolls out Michelob ad campaign
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new advertising campaign in the UK for Michelob Lager with the strapline "Brewed for the Finest Bars Since 1896".
The print and outdoor campaign, to roll out this month, features recognisable city skylines to reinforce the brand's image among metropolitan consumers, the company said today (7 May).
James Whiteley, Michelob's brand manager at A-B UK, said: "The advertisements place the distinctive bottle in a warm sunset background of rustic oranges and reds. The result is a sense of style at the end of the busy workday and subtle hint at Michelob's deep toasted maltiness, rich colour, and smooth velvety finish."
A second burst will feature the brand's founder, Adolphus Busch, and will appear in trade and selected consumer media.
In February this year, Anheuser-Busch sealed a three-year deal to extend its relationship with US golfing event The PGA Tour. The brewer also released three additions to its Michelob portfolio in the US last month. Michelob Ultra Fruit Infused beers are available in three flavours - pomegranate raspberry, lime cactus and tuscan orange grapefruit.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 0.3% rise in net profit for the third quarter of 2008, with revenue boosted by price rises....
Anheuser-Busch has said that it has agreed a settlement in lawsuits filed by shareholders during the InBev bidding process....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev....
InBev has postponed its rights offering following the recent "unprecedented" volatility on the world's stock markets....
A poor financial climate means Australian drinks group Foster's might be forced to wait to unload its troubled wine division....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits