US: Anheuser-Busch Q3 profit slips on charge
Anheuser-Busch has reported a 5.7% slip in third quarter net profit, due to charges related to the InBev takeover deal.
Anheuser (A-B) said that net profit fell to US$666m for the three months to the end of September, following one-off fees related to advice received on the brewer's proposed takeover by InBev.
Net beer sales rose 6.5% for the period, to $4.9bn, the brewer said today (6 November), boosted by higher international sales and a 3.7% increase in revenue per barrel in the US.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois lager is to become the official beer sponsor of the 2009 James Beard Foundation Media Awards....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of a 19.9% stake in Chinese brewer Tsingtao to Japan's Asahi for US$667m....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is in discussions with US television network NBC over its sponsorship of Olympics coverage, but the brewer has declined to comment on reports that it is to cut spending....
Anheuser-Busch InBev'S board of directors have approved a 2008 shareholder dividend of EUR0.28 (US$.35) per share, the brewer has announced....
Private equity group Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts has won the bidding battle for Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery in South Korea, according to a report....
Lotte Group has confirmed that it is no longer in the bidding race for Anheuser-Busch InBev subsidiary Oriental Brewery, according to a report....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to be the subject of an investigation into unfair practices against its suppliers in Belgium, according to local reports....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends