ITALY: Anheuser-Busch prevails against Budvar
US brewing conglomerate, Anheuser-Busch (A-B), has won a further legal victory over its Czech rivals, Budejovicky Budvar (BB). An Italian court has ruled that Budejovicky Budvar will no longer be able to sell beer under the brand name Budweiser Budvar as it infringes A-B's Budweiser trademark. The Milan court made the ruling on Wednesday, stating that the Czech company's beer may be seized from its local importer and distributor and from retailers. Milan Court of Appeals had already issued an injunction last November prohibiting the Czech brewer from using the Budweiser and Bud names. Budejovicky Budvar has appealed to the Italian Supreme Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk