ITALY: Anheuser-Busch prevails against Budvar
US brewing conglomerate, Anheuser-Busch (A-B), has won a further legal victory over its Czech rivals, Budejovicky Budvar (BB). An Italian court has ruled that Budejovicky Budvar will no longer be able to sell beer under the brand name Budweiser Budvar as it infringes A-B's Budweiser trademark. The Milan court made the ruling on Wednesday, stating that the Czech company's beer may be seized from its local importer and distributor and from retailers. Milan Court of Appeals had already issued an injunction last November prohibiting the Czech brewer from using the Budweiser and Bud names. Budejovicky Budvar has appealed to the Italian Supreme Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research