ITALY: Anheuser-Busch prevails against Budvar
US brewing conglomerate, Anheuser-Busch (A-B), has won a further legal victory over its Czech rivals, Budejovicky Budvar (BB). An Italian court has ruled that Budejovicky Budvar will no longer be able to sell beer under the brand name Budweiser Budvar as it infringes A-B's Budweiser trademark. The Milan court made the ruling on Wednesday, stating that the Czech company's beer may be seized from its local importer and distributor and from retailers. Milan Court of Appeals had already issued an injunction last November prohibiting the Czech brewer from using the Budweiser and Bud names. Budejovicky Budvar has appealed to the Italian Supreme Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research