ITALY: Anheuser-Busch prevails against Budvar
US brewing conglomerate, Anheuser-Busch (A-B), has won a further legal victory over its Czech rivals, Budejovicky Budvar (BB). An Italian court has ruled that Budejovicky Budvar will no longer be able to sell beer under the brand name Budweiser Budvar as it infringes A-B's Budweiser trademark. The Milan court made the ruling on Wednesday, stating that the Czech company's beer may be seized from its local importer and distributor and from retailers. Milan Court of Appeals had already issued an injunction last November prohibiting the Czech brewer from using the Budweiser and Bud names. Budejovicky Budvar has appealed to the Italian Supreme Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report