ITALY: Anheuser-Busch prevails against Budvar
US brewing conglomerate, Anheuser-Busch (A-B), has won a further legal victory over its Czech rivals, Budejovicky Budvar (BB). An Italian court has ruled that Budejovicky Budvar will no longer be able to sell beer under the brand name Budweiser Budvar as it infringes A-B's Budweiser trademark. The Milan court made the ruling on Wednesday, stating that the Czech company's beer may be seized from its local importer and distributor and from retailers. Milan Court of Appeals had already issued an injunction last November prohibiting the Czech brewer from using the Budweiser and Bud names. Budejovicky Budvar has appealed to the Italian Supreme Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends