US: Anheuser-Busch opposes Natty Greene's trademark application
Anheuser-Busch has moved to stop the trademark being registered
Anheuser-Busch is facing a trademark dispute with Natty Greene's over the craft brewer's namesake brand.
The Budweiser brewer has filed a "notice of opposition" against the North Carolina-based firm over its trademark application for its Natty Greene's beer, named after Nathanael Greene, a Revolutionary War general.
An A-B company spokesperson told just-drinks: “Natty Light is a well-known national brand that we have invested in for more than 15 years”. The bid to stop the trademark being registered is “based on our established right in Natty-related trademarks”, the spokesperson added.
Kayne Fisher, one of Natty Greene's founders, said in an emailed statement: "We'll be addressing this matter after the 4th of July." He had reportedly branded A-B's challenge as “unfounded”.
Earlier this year, A-B defended its use of the phrase “hold my beer and watch this” in an ad, after craft brewer Big Sky Brewing launched legal action. The action was settled after A-B removed the videos.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer