US: Anheuser-Busch opposes Natty Greene's trademark application
Anheuser-Busch has moved to stop the trademark being registered
Anheuser-Busch is facing a trademark dispute with Natty Greene's over the craft brewer's namesake brand.
The Budweiser brewer has filed a "notice of opposition" against the North Carolina-based firm over its trademark application for its Natty Greene's beer, named after Nathanael Greene, a Revolutionary War general.
An A-B company spokesperson told just-drinks: “Natty Light is a well-known national brand that we have invested in for more than 15 years”. The bid to stop the trademark being registered is “based on our established right in Natty-related trademarks”, the spokesperson added.
Kayne Fisher, one of Natty Greene's founders, said in an emailed statement: "We'll be addressing this matter after the 4th of July." He had reportedly branded A-B's challenge as “unfounded”.
Earlier this year, A-B defended its use of the phrase “hold my beer and watch this” in an ad, after craft brewer Big Sky Brewing launched legal action. The action was settled after A-B removed the videos.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
"The Future of the Spirits Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. ...
Beer in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Beer in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Beer in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research