US: Anheuser-Busch on target for 2003 and 2004
Based on 2002 earnings of US$2.20 per share, the predicted earnings for 2003 equates to between US$2.46 and US$2.49.
Following the announcement last month of the company's Q3 results, Anheuser-Busch reaffirmed its guidance which was given earlier this year.
Despite problems in the industry volume environment this year, due to unfavourable weather and other short-term factors, the brewer said in a press release that its market share, revenue per barrel and earnings performances have been "excellent. With more normal weather and improving economic conditions, industry volume growth should return to more normal levels."
The company also said that it recently achieved a 50% market share in the US for the first time.
August A. Busch, IV, speaking at the Morgan Stanley Global Consumer Conference in New York on Wednesday via a webcast, said, "we have gained 1.2 share points year-to-date, reaching 50% market share for the first time in our company's history."
The gain was attributed to the growth in sales of its premium brands, such as Michelob Ultra, as well as successful brand marketing and support programs for it and its other brands.
Anheuser-Busch has captured 89% of the growth in premium brands sales for the industry, so far this year, said Busch.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends