US: Anheuser-Busch launches Johnny Appleseed Hard Cider TV ad - video
Anheuser-Busch has unveiled a nation-wide US TV ad campaign for its new hard cider brand, Johnny Appleseed.
The 30-second spot, which debuts today (6 May), will focus on cable and late-night shows, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev said. Set to dance track 'Jealous' by Chromeo, the ad features a voiceover describing the drink as a “refreshingly sweet and intense hard cider, with a crisp apple bite... best served on the rocks”.
The 5.5% abv brand launched in the US off-trade last month and is due on draught in the Summer.
A-B InBev's rival, MillerCoors, also launched a new product into the US's fast-growing cider category last month, Smith & Forge.
Meanwhile, A-B InBev began rolling out its Stella Artois Cidre brand to all 50 US states in January.
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced a "multi-million dollar" partnership with the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of national parks in the country, and its Budweiser ...
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends