Product Launch: UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois Black
Stella Artois Black will launch in the Autumn
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois Black
Category - Beer, lager, Belgium, 4.9% abv
Available - From this Autumn in “limited distribution”
Location - UK, selected on-trade
Price - Unspecified
Unlike A-B InBev's flagship 5% abv Stella Artois, Stella Black will be imported from Belgium.
“Stella Artois Black will complement Stella Artois 5% and Stella Artois 4%, offering a 'premium plus' experience, complete with bespoke font, glassware and a reverential pouring ritual,” said AB InBev UK's president, Stuart MacFarlane.
Reports of the launch of a 5.5% abv version of Stella Artois, rumoured to be named Stella Artois Black, date back to October 2008, with A-B InBev UK being moved at the time to deny them “categorically”.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban