Product Launch - US: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider
Click through to view an image of the product
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider
Category - Cider, 5.5% abv
Available - From 7 April, in 12-ounce glass bottles with a twist-off cap in six-packs and 12-packs, and sold individually in 16oz and 25oz cans.
Location - US, off- and on-trade; draught distribution starting this summer
Price - Will vary by state and retailer
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed details of a major new cider launch into the fast-expanding segment in the US.
Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider, with an abv of 5.5%, will launch into US stores on 7 April. A draught launch will follow in the summer, the company said today (20 March). Just-drinks first revealed details of the launch last November.
Adam Oakley, VP of 'high-end' at Anheuser-Busch, said the new drink is a "balance of sweetness and intensity with a refreshing crisp apple bite". He claimed Johnny Appleseed is "unlike any other hard cider on the market today."
A-B InBev said it tested the brand with around 750 consumers aged between 21 and 34 from the US, Canada and the UK to help with its taste profile and packaging.
Earlier today, Heineken revealed it is releasing two new variants of its Stongbow cider brand in the US.
Meanwhile, MillerCoors has also launched a major new cider in the US this month - Smith & Forge.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
In the UK, the Royal Society of Public Health has called for nutritional labels - including calories - to be placed on alcoholic drinks, in order to curb the country's growing obesity epidemic....
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future