Product Launch - US: Anheuser-Busch InBev's Beck's Sapphire
Click through to view Anheuser-Busch InBev's Beck's Sapphire
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Beck's Sapphire
Category - Beer, lager, pilsner, 6% abv
Available - From this week
Location - US, in both the on- and off-trade
Price - Not specified, available in 12oz bottles
Distribution - Anheuser-Busch InBev
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched an extension of it Beck's German lager brand in the US. Beck's Sapphire is made with German Saphir hops.
Available in black glass bottles, Beck's Sapphire will be the subject of a nation-wide advertising campaign throughout this year.
Beck's, the number one German beer brand in the world, today introduced Beck's Sapphire, a remarkably smooth and distinctive golden pilsner brewed with German Saphir hops. Inspired by the rarest sapphire gemstones, brewed to 6 percent ABV and served in an exclusive sleek black glass bottle, Beck's Sapphire represents a new standard for premium beer in high-end occasions, and for the ambitious, confident consumers who experience them.
"Beck's Sapphire continues and builds the great brewing tradition of the Beck's brand," said Paul Chibe, vice president, U.S. marketing, Anheuser-Busch. "Brewing with rare Saphir hops gives Beck's Sapphire an incredibly delicious taste that will make you think differently about Beck's."
Beck's Sapphire is brewed with German Saphir aroma hops, which are traditionally used as a finishing or conditioning hop. German Saphir hops give Beck's Sapphire its distinctly smooth finish. It will be available at high-end clubs, bars and restaurants. It will also be available in grocery and liquor accounts nationwide in 12-oz black glass bottles in six- and 12-packs. Beck's spent over two years developing a truly unique black glass bottle for Beck's Sapphire.
As part of the marketing campaign supporting the launch of Beck's Sapphire, the product debuted at high-end New Year's Eve occasions nationwide. Consumers will also be able to experience the brand at pop-up locations in Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, in SoHo in New York City and along South Beach in Miami. The brand launch will be sustained with a multi-faceted national advertising campaign throughout 2013.
Original source: Company Release
The world's biggest brewers have teamed up to launch a campaign in the UK that aims to get drinkers in the country to go back to beer....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages