US: Anheuser-Busch InBev ups presence on Craft Brewers Alliance board
Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints Craft Brewers Alliance board members
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed two of its executives to the board of Craft Brewers Alliance.
Don Johnson, A-B InBev's VP of business and wholesaler development, and Tom Larson, the Budweiser brewer's senior associate general counsel, took up seats on the Craft Brewers Alliance board on 1 July.
Their appointment follows the resignation of A-B InBev's previous representative on the CBA board, Andrew Goeler. CBA did not give a reason for the departure of Goeler, who was appointed to the board by A-B in 2008, but it did say that it is unaware of any disagreements between the two parties.
The change means that A-B InBev will make use of its maximum allowed number of directors on the CBA board, under an updated agreement that was signed on 1 May this year, according to a CBA stock filing this week. A-B InBev owns a 32.25% stake in CBA, which operates the Widmer Brothers, Redhook and Kona breweries in the US.
For CBA's first-quarter results, click here.
I can't help but feel slightly bemused by the furore surrounding a report that Anheuser-Busch InBev paid a communications agency to change details on a Wikipedia page for one of its brands....
They've been arguing for more than 100 years, but are we in danger of reaching some sort of clarity on the Budweiser trademark dispute in Europe?...
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery is planning to raise up to CNY2.21bn (US$350m) via a share issue in order to expand capacity in China's growing beer market, according to local reports....
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has defended its use of a lobbying agency to remove references to the term 'wife beater' from the Wikipedia page for its Stella Artois lager brand....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends