US: Anheuser-Busch InBev unveils three new beers with return of 'Project 12'
The sampler Project 12 pack hitting US shelves later this month
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reignited its 'Project 12' initiative with the launch of three new small-batch beers.
The scheme, which last year led to the launch of Budweiser Black Crown, will see “sampler” bottle packs with the three beers hit US shelves at the end of this month, the company said today (8 October). The idea of the scheme is to allow Budweiser's 12 brewmasters to experiment with new flavours, while staying "true to the Budweiser taste profile," the company said. Three beers were chosen out of the 12 produced, based on consumer feedback.
The new beers, named for the ZIP code where they are brewed, are:
- Batch 94534 (Fairfield, California): a 5.5% abv “bold, hoppy lager”, brewed with Cascade and Palisade hops
- Batch 23185 (Williamsburg, Va.): A “light, amber” 5.5% abv lager aged on a bed of bourbon barrel staves and vanilla beans
- Batch 43229 (Columbus, Ohio): A “deep, amber” 6% lager brewed with chocolate and caramel malts and finished on Beechwood chips
"The initial response from beer drinkers has been overwhelmingly positive," said Pete Kraemer, Anheuser-Busch's head brewmaster.
Last year, the Brewers Association accused global beer companies of trying to “blur the lines” between their products and "genuine" craft beers.
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
We're just over two months away from the start of the biggest sporting event on earth: The FIFA World Cup kicks off on 12 June, when host country Brazil take on Croatia in the first match of the month...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review