UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev to launch Stella Artois Cidre on draught
Click through to view a full image of the font
Stella Artois Cidre Apple is being launched on draught in the UK, while the brand is also being given a packaging refresh, owner Anheuser-Busch InBev has said.
The original version of the brand will be made available to UK bars on draught this month, the company revealed yesterday (14 May). The format will be initially available to "selected premium on-trade outlets", A-B InBev said.
The draught version will have the same 4.5% abv as the bottled format.
During a presention to journalists in London yesterday (14 May), Phil Pick, A-B InBev UK's Stella Artois marketing manager, said: "We've seen how the expansion of the premium draught cider category has driven a lot of the growth (in the UK) over the last couple of years." The launch of Cidre on draught was "an opporunity to capitalise" on that growth, he added.
A-B InBev has also re-designed the packaging for its three-strong Cidre line-up. A raspberry variant is also being launched this month, on top of the original apple format and pear.
Heineken's Strongbow brand accounted for a quarter (24%) of all UK off-trade cider sales by value in 2012, while Stella Cidre accounted for 6% of off-trade sales, according to Mintel.
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ke...
Heineken Romania SA is expected to consolidate its leading position in beer by further investing in its production facilities and introducing new products. After a successful 2012 for its flavoured/mi...
Heineken’s main strategy in Hungary is to maintain its favourable position among the leading producers of beer in Hungary and supply local demand with high-quality beer and cider. In order to achieve ...
Beer in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015