US: Anheuser-Busch InBev to expand test market for Select 55
Anheuser-Busch InBev has expanded the number of test markets for its Select 55 beer brand in the US.
From next month, the brewer will increase the number of markets by a further 12, on top of the initial 15 that the brand was introduced into on 10 August, the company confirmed today (8 September).
Anheuser-Busch InBev said the move is in a bid to "learn more" and "get a broader read on a proposition for the brand".
The St-Louis-based unit of the blobal brewer said it wants to do more testing before it makes a decision about a national launch.
Select 55, which is named after the amount of calories it contains, targets men and women between the ages of 25 and 49. The drink has 2.4% alcohol by volume.
The expansion is expected to take place in phases through October and November. To date testing is taking place in markets such as; Green Bay in Wisconsin, Tampa and Orlando in Florida, San Diego, Dallas and Arizona.
Additional areas to be tested include parts of Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas and Ohio.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it remains optimistic of winning its dispute with Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer....
US soft drinks maker PepsiCo this week dropped Tiger Woods as a sponsor for its Gatorade sports drink, claiming it "no longer sees a role" for Woods in its marketing efforts....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1