US: Anheuser-Busch InBev to expand test market for Select 55
Anheuser-Busch InBev has expanded the number of test markets for its Select 55 beer brand in the US.
From next month, the brewer will increase the number of markets by a further 12, on top of the initial 15 that the brand was introduced into on 10 August, the company confirmed today (8 September).
Anheuser-Busch InBev said the move is in a bid to "learn more" and "get a broader read on a proposition for the brand".
The St-Louis-based unit of the blobal brewer said it wants to do more testing before it makes a decision about a national launch.
Select 55, which is named after the amount of calories it contains, targets men and women between the ages of 25 and 49. The drink has 2.4% alcohol by volume.
The expansion is expected to take place in phases through October and November. To date testing is taking place in markets such as; Green Bay in Wisconsin, Tampa and Orlando in Florida, San Diego, Dallas and Arizona.
Additional areas to be tested include parts of Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas and Ohio.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it remains optimistic of winning its dispute with Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer....
US soft drinks maker PepsiCo this week dropped Tiger Woods as a sponsor for its Gatorade sports drink, claiming it "no longer sees a role" for Woods in its marketing efforts....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages