US: Anheuser-Busch InBev to expand test market for Select 55
Anheuser-Busch InBev has expanded the number of test markets for its Select 55 beer brand in the US.
From next month, the brewer will increase the number of markets by a further 12, on top of the initial 15 that the brand was introduced into on 10 August, the company confirmed today (8 September).
Anheuser-Busch InBev said the move is in a bid to "learn more" and "get a broader read on a proposition for the brand".
The St-Louis-based unit of the blobal brewer said it wants to do more testing before it makes a decision about a national launch.
Select 55, which is named after the amount of calories it contains, targets men and women between the ages of 25 and 49. The drink has 2.4% alcohol by volume.
The expansion is expected to take place in phases through October and November. To date testing is taking place in markets such as; Green Bay in Wisconsin, Tampa and Orlando in Florida, San Diego, Dallas and Arizona.
Additional areas to be tested include parts of Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas and Ohio.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it remains optimistic of winning its dispute with Grupo Modelo, Mexico's largest brewer....
US soft drinks maker PepsiCo this week dropped Tiger Woods as a sponsor for its Gatorade sports drink, claiming it "no longer sees a role" for Woods in its marketing efforts....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group