BELGIUM: Anheuser-Busch InBev to cut logistics carbon emissions
The brewer has revealed a new target for cutting carbon emissions in its logistics operations
Anheuser-Busch InBev has pledged to cut carbon emissions in its logistics operations by 15% by 2017.
The brewer said improvement in its logistics could also lead to up to US$200m in cost savings within the three years. The company said it will slash its emissions by focussing on transport and warehousing operations.
The reduction targets assume no changes in volumes, as the targets are “intensity-based”, the brewer said.
“This new goal builds on our strategy to look beyond our brewery walls as we continue to drive reductions in the impact of our supply chain and pursue partnerships to improve performance globally,” said Carlos Brito, A-B InBev’s CEO.
The brewer said the new target adds to its existing global environmental goals covering water use and agricultural development, energy and greenhouse gas emissions, and materials and recycling.
In first-quarter results, reported last month, A-B InBev revealed a lift in sales, but rising finance costs and currency swings dragged down net profits.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Having already run his eye over an Anheuser-Busch InBev move for SABMiller, our beer commentator, Larry Nelson, runs through what alternatives the world's biggest brewer may consider to spend its mone...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research