US: Anheuser-Busch InBev signs San Francisco 49ers deal for Bud Light
Bud Light will feature on stadium signage
Anheuser-Busch InBev has signed a ten-year deal to sponsor the San Francisco 49ers new stadium through its Bud Light brand.
A-B InBev will be one of ten founding partners of The New Santa Clara Stadium, due to open in July next year, the company said in a joint-statement with the 49ers yesterday (30 January). The news comes ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl when the 49ers take on the Baltimore Ravens.
The deal gives Bud Light digital and permanent signage rights throughout the venue and “entitlement” of the fan deck underneath the scoreboard, A-B InBev said.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
The 68,500-seater stadium will cost US$1.2bn and host a range of sports events as well as motocross and concerts. A promotional video for the stadium can be seen below.
“This is a great opportunity for Bud Light to secure exclusivity,” said Blaise D’Sylva, head of A-B InBev's media, sports and entertainment marketing division in the US.
D’Sylva was appointed to her role at the start of last year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report