CANADA: Anheuser-Busch InBev signs hockey show Budweiser deal
Budweiser will feature in CBS's Coach's Corner segment
Anheuser-Busch InBev has signed a “multi-year” deal that will see its Budweiser brand sponsor a segment of a long-running Canadian ice-hockey TV show.
Hockey Night in Canada's Coach's Corner will feature the beer brand in advertising and content starting tomorrow (19 January), A-B InBev said yesterday. Hockey Night has aired on Canada's CBS network since the 1930s.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
It comes after news that A-B InBev will give exposure to two new brands - Budweiser Black Crown and Beck's Sapphire - at next month's Super Bowl.
A-B InBev sponsors a range of sports, and last year extended its deal with Major League Baseball until 2018.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends