CANADA: Anheuser-Busch InBev signs hockey show Budweiser deal
Budweiser will feature in CBS's Coach's Corner segment
Anheuser-Busch InBev has signed a “multi-year” deal that will see its Budweiser brand sponsor a segment of a long-running Canadian ice-hockey TV show.
Hockey Night in Canada's Coach's Corner will feature the beer brand in advertising and content starting tomorrow (19 January), A-B InBev said yesterday. Hockey Night has aired on Canada's CBS network since the 1930s.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
It comes after news that A-B InBev will give exposure to two new brands - Budweiser Black Crown and Beck's Sapphire - at next month's Super Bowl.
A-B InBev sponsors a range of sports, and last year extended its deal with Major League Baseball until 2018.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future