EUR: Anheuser-Busch InBev shakes up European units, UK head steps down
Anheuser-Busch InBev is redrawing its European borders
Anheuser-Busch InBev has released details of a redrawing of its business units in Europe, and has confirmed the departure of the head of its UK & Ireland operations.
The brewer will pull its France, Italy and Spain operations into one unit, which will be known as Business Unit (BU) FRITS. Consequently, BU BeNeFraLux will become BU BeNeLux.
Germany, Switzerland and Austria will remain in one unit – BU GSA – having released Italy and Spain to the knew unit.
A-B InBev's remaining divisions, Russia & Ukraine and UK & Ireland, will remain the same.
Regarding personnel, the new FRITS division will be headed up by Ben Verhaert, who leads the off-trade side of the company's Belgian operations. The GSA unit will be led by Till Hedrich, the regional director for Europe & Middle East at A-B InBev International.
Finally, Inge Plochaet, who was appointed president of A-B InBev UK & Ireland in 2012, is leaving the brewer. The company declined to give further details behind Plochaet's future plans.
She will be replaced by Steve McAllister, the current president of the GISAS division. McAllister was previously divisional director for multiple off-trade in the UK & Ireland.
All the changes will take effect at the beginning of next year.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends