UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev set for Budweiser football tie-up - sources
Is Budweiser set to become the new sponsor of The FA Cup in England?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is lining up a lead sponsor deal for its Budweiser brand for The FA Cup knockout football tournament in the UK, just-drinks understands.
The move, set to be announced tomorrow (15 June), could prompt a delicate balancing act for the English Football Association (FA): Earlier today, Carlsberg said that it has secured a “new-improved deal” with the FA for its namesake lager brand.
Speculation in the UK today has claimed that A-B InBev will unveil Budweiser's sponsorship of The FA Cup later this week. The FA is scheduled to hold a press conference regarding The FA Cup at Wembley Stadium tomorrow, while just-drinks understands that Budweiser has been lined up to take over from energy provider E.on as lead sponsor of the season-long tournament.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for A-B InBev UK declined to comment on the matter.
Back in May, the Daily Mail reported that Budweiser will sponsor The FA Cup, bringing the brand into conflict with Carlsberg, which is the 'Official Beer of The England Football Team'. England play their home games at Wembley Stadium.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends