UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev set for Budweiser football tie-up - sources
Is Budweiser set to become the new sponsor of The FA Cup in England?
Anheuser-Busch InBev is lining up a lead sponsor deal for its Budweiser brand for The FA Cup knockout football tournament in the UK, just-drinks understands.
The move, set to be announced tomorrow (15 June), could prompt a delicate balancing act for the English Football Association (FA): Earlier today, Carlsberg said that it has secured a “new-improved deal” with the FA for its namesake lager brand.
Speculation in the UK today has claimed that A-B InBev will unveil Budweiser's sponsorship of The FA Cup later this week. The FA is scheduled to hold a press conference regarding The FA Cup at Wembley Stadium tomorrow, while just-drinks understands that Budweiser has been lined up to take over from energy provider E.on as lead sponsor of the season-long tournament.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for A-B InBev UK declined to comment on the matter.
Back in May, the Daily Mail reported that Budweiser will sponsor The FA Cup, bringing the brand into conflict with Carlsberg, which is the 'Official Beer of The England Football Team'. England play their home games at Wembley Stadium.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018