MEXICO: Anheuser-Busch InBev reveals plan for new Grupo Modelo CEO
A-B InBev is set to get its hands on Modelo by June
Ricardo Tadeu will replace Modelo's current CEO, Carlos Fernandez, and will also be appointed as president of A-B InBev's Mexico "zone", the brewer said last week. The country will be A-B InBev's seventh global zone.
The company said it will launch a tender offer in the "coming days" to acquire the Corona brewer's outstanding shares, at price of US$9.15 per share, while the deal remains on course to complete in June. Last week, a judge agreed to a pact reached between the US Department of Justice and A-B InBev over anti-trust concerns around the takeover.
A-B InBev also announced the merging of Modelo subsidiaries Diblo and glass manufacturer Dirección de Fábricas into their parent group ahead of its bid for the shares.
The Budweiser brewer's other six zones are: North America, Latin America North, Latin America South, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report