MEXICO: Anheuser-Busch InBev reveals plan for new Grupo Modelo CEO
A-B InBev is set to get its hands on Modelo by June
Ricardo Tadeu will replace Modelo's current CEO, Carlos Fernandez, and will also be appointed as president of A-B InBev's Mexico "zone", the brewer said last week. The country will be A-B InBev's seventh global zone.
The company said it will launch a tender offer in the "coming days" to acquire the Corona brewer's outstanding shares, at price of US$9.15 per share, while the deal remains on course to complete in June. Last week, a judge agreed to a pact reached between the US Department of Justice and A-B InBev over anti-trust concerns around the takeover.
A-B InBev also announced the merging of Modelo subsidiaries Diblo and glass manufacturer Dirección de Fábricas into their parent group ahead of its bid for the shares.
The Budweiser brewer's other six zones are: North America, Latin America North, Latin America South, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report