MEXICO: Anheuser-Busch InBev reveals plan for new Grupo Modelo CEO
A-B InBev is set to get its hands on Modelo by June
Ricardo Tadeu will replace Modelo's current CEO, Carlos Fernandez, and will also be appointed as president of A-B InBev's Mexico "zone", the brewer said last week. The country will be A-B InBev's seventh global zone.
The company said it will launch a tender offer in the "coming days" to acquire the Corona brewer's outstanding shares, at price of US$9.15 per share, while the deal remains on course to complete in June. Last week, a judge agreed to a pact reached between the US Department of Justice and A-B InBev over anti-trust concerns around the takeover.
A-B InBev also announced the merging of Modelo subsidiaries Diblo and glass manufacturer Dirección de Fábricas into their parent group ahead of its bid for the shares.
The Budweiser brewer's other six zones are: North America, Latin America North, Latin America South, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
A-B InBev is the leading global brewer with 18% of global beer volumes, and the company is well placed to take advantage of expected volume growth in emerging markets, especially in Mexico following i...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk