MEXICO: Anheuser-Busch InBev reveals plan for new Grupo Modelo CEO
A-B InBev is set to get its hands on Modelo by June
Ricardo Tadeu will replace Modelo's current CEO, Carlos Fernandez, and will also be appointed as president of A-B InBev's Mexico "zone", the brewer said last week. The country will be A-B InBev's seventh global zone.
The company said it will launch a tender offer in the "coming days" to acquire the Corona brewer's outstanding shares, at price of US$9.15 per share, while the deal remains on course to complete in June. Last week, a judge agreed to a pact reached between the US Department of Justice and A-B InBev over anti-trust concerns around the takeover.
A-B InBev also announced the merging of Modelo subsidiaries Diblo and glass manufacturer Dirección de Fábricas into their parent group ahead of its bid for the shares.
The Budweiser brewer's other six zones are: North America, Latin America North, Latin America South, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
Alcoholic Drinks in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018