GLOBAL: Anheuser-Busch InBev reveals Budweiser World Cup push
Click through to view the new bottle
Anheuser-Busch InBev has unveiled its FIFA World Cup global marketing plan for its Budweiser brand, which includes a golden, aluminium, 16oz (47.3cl) bottle.
The bottle, which has been designed to resemble the World Cup trophy, will roll out in all Budweiser markets from next month, A-B InBev said today (19 February). It will be supported by a worldwide television campaign due to launch on 24 March.
At a launch event in London today, Budweiser’s UK marketing head Jennifer Anton said the bottle will give consumers a collectable memento of the event, as well as providing the brewer with an off-trade sales boost. She added that the limited-edition bottle will feature in all Budweiser print and TV World Cup ads.
A teaser for the TV ad, which is in post-production, will air globally on 5 March. The full ad is in black and white to make it “stand out” and emphasise the “premium” aspect of Budweiser, Anton said.
The World Cup, which will take place in Brazil, begins in June and is expected to attract a global audience of 1bn.
Budweiser is the only alcohol company to sponsor the event, which it has partnered with since 1986. In 2011, A-B InBev extended the partnership to 2022.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020