UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev readies Budweiser World Cup push
Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up what it claims to be its largest on-pack promotion for the Budweiser beer brand in the UK.
The brewer said late last week that the push, entitled 'Predict & Win', forms part of the brand's sponsorship deal with this year's FIFA World Cup tournament in South Africa.
The promotion will run across 10m packs in the UK – not including Northern Ireland – and will offer consumers credits to make match predictions during the tournament
After buying a promotional pack, consumers can enter the on-pack code online at www.budweiser.co.uk/predictandwin to redeem their credits. From 15 April, consumers can enter a quiz to win extra credits and, from 14 May until 11 July, consumers can use their credits to make predictions and win prizes.
Each week of the tournament the top 100 predictors will win prizes and at the end of the tournament the top 100 overall predictors will win prizes including a top prize of GBP100,000 (US$152,070).
Other prizes include televisions, home audio systems and online music download vouchers.
Predict & Win will also be supported in the UK by a “multi-million pound” advertising campaign including TV, outdoor, press and digital, in the run up to and during the tournament.
The World Cup kicks off on 11 June, when host nation South Africa takes on Mexico, with the final set for 11 July.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading econo...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review