UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev pushes responsible drinking with Budweiser ad
The UK unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a television advert for its Budweiser beer brand, promoting responsible drinking in the country.
The division said today (16 June) that the 30-second ad will run from yesterday until 11 July, the day after the FIFA World Cup final. A-B InBev is one of the core sponsors of the event which opened on Friday.
“Budweiser is well-placed to communicate about responsible drinking in a fun, engaging and relevant way,” said James Watson, marketing director for Budweiser in Western Europe. “Our new ‘Designate a Driver’ campaign is running alongside our sponsorship of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and is intended to bring our responsible drinking message to life during this time of excitement and celebration.”
The ad, which can be viewed below, will feature on ITV, Channel 4, Five, Sky, IDS and will be available on video-on-demand channels throughout the tournament.
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future