CHINA: Anheuser-Busch InBev plans China spend - report
Anheuser-Busch InBev hails China investment in 2011
Anheuser-Busch InBev plans to spend "hundreds of millions of dollars" in China in 2011, according to local reports.
The Budweiser brewer's CEO, Carlos Brito, was quoted by the China Daily newspaper at the end of last week as saying that the group will ramp up its investment in the country's emerging beer market.
His comments came following the official opening of A-B InBev's brewery in Ziyang, Sichuan province.
In 2010, consumer demand for Budweiser in China helped the brand to increase global volume sales by 1.7% for the year, despite ongoing decline in its home US market.
A-B InBev has already confirmed two acquisitions in China in 2011. In March, it confirmed to just-drinks that it had agreed to buy Weixue Beer Group Co for an undisclosed fee.
A month earlier, the brewer signed a deal to acquire full control of the Liaoning Dalian Daxue Brewery Co in China's Liaoning province, the country's fourth largest in terms of beer consumption.
They've been arguing for more than 100 years, but are we in danger of reaching some sort of clarity on the Budweiser trademark dispute in Europe?...
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute Warsteiner beer in Ukraine....
Craft Brewers Alliance has reiterated its confidence in the continuing rise of craft beer in the US, after reporting rises in nine-month sales and profits....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research