BULGARIA: Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up Bulgarian investment
Local reports late last week claimed the brewer will spend the money on a new bottling line and a storage warehouse at its brewery in Haskovo in the south of the country.
Speaking to just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said that EUR15m is "an approximate figure for the total investment in the Haskovo brewery for 2009 - not only for new equipment".
As well as the Haskovo site, A-B InBev also has a facility in Plovdiv. The two breweries produce brands including Staropramen, Becks, Stella Artois and Kamenitza, the top-selling beer brand in Bulgaria.
Last month, speculation suggested that A-B InBev was considering the divestment of some of its brewing concerns in Eastern Europe. The company declined to comment on the reports at the time.
When it came to the crunch, Heineken simply wanted FEMSA Cerveza more than SABMiller....
Heineken surprised many observers with the timing and swiftness of its deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza, announced this week. Here's what analysts and other media have been saying about the deal....
C&C Group has reported another fall in cider sales for its fiscal third quarter, but the Magners owner remains hopeful of stemming a volume rot after a strong Christmas period in the UK....
Mergers and acquisitions on the UK food and drink sector are set to pick up in 2010 after a collapse in deals in 2009, sector analyst Grant Thornton LLP has predicted....
Heineken's deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza puts more pressure on rival Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo to resolve its dispute with Anheuser-Busch InBev, analysts believe....
Heineken has labelled its deal for FEMSA Cerveza as one of the biggest in the brewer's history, but analysts highlighted FEMSA's fragility in Brazil as a weak point in the agreement....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research