UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev launches World Cup promo
Anheuser-Busch InBev is offering 12 trips for two to next year's World Cup in South Africa as part of a promotion in the UK for its Budweiser beer brand.
The brewer's UK arm said today (18 August) that the on-pack push, entitled 'Live The Dream', will run from this month until mid-November, to tie in with the final round of qualifying matches in the country for the World Cup finals next summer.
The promotion will be featured on 4x300ml, 6x300ml and 15x300ml packs of Budweiser.
Consumers have to text or email answers to World Cup trivia questions featured on the inside of the promotional packs to enter. There will be 12 weekly draws from 28 August and winners will receive a pair of tickets to two 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa fixtures and return flights from London Heathrow.
The promotion will be backed by themed point-of-sale material available to more than 23,000 take-home outlets. Some 200 cash & carry outlets will feature themed pallet shrouds and point-of-connection material.
Budweiser is the 'Official Beer' of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which runs from 11 June to 11 July next year.
Trade unions in Belgium claimed victory last night as they agreed to end worker blockades of Anheuser-Busch InBev breweries in return for talks with the group on alternatives to its proposed job cuts ...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China