UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev launches World Cup promo
The brewer's UK arm said today (18 August) that the on-pack push, entitled 'Live The Dream', will run from this month until mid-November, to tie in with the final round of qualifying matches in the country for the World Cup finals next summer.
The promotion will be featured on 4x300ml, 6x300ml and 15x300ml packs of Budweiser.
Consumers have to text or email answers to World Cup trivia questions featured on the inside of the promotional packs to enter. There will be 12 weekly draws from 28 August and winners will receive a pair of tickets to two 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa fixtures and return flights from London Heathrow.
The promotion will be backed by themed point-of-sale material available to more than 23,000 take-home outlets. Some 200 cash & carry outlets will feature themed pallet shrouds and point-of-connection material.
Budweiser is the 'Official Beer' of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which runs from 11 June to 11 July next year.
Trade unions in Belgium claimed victory last night as they agreed to end worker blockades of Anheuser-Busch InBev breweries in return for talks with the group on alternatives to its proposed job cuts ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review