UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev launches Stella Artois Cidre TV ad
Anheuser-Busch InBev gives Stella Artois Cidre a summer push
Anheuser-Busch InBev has begun advertising its Stella Artois Cidre on television in the UK, as part of a summer sals push for the new drink.
The 60-second ad, named 'Le President', began airing on UK television this week, A-B InBev said today (7 July). In it, the brewer has retained the retro decor and style of recent Stella Artois adverts.
In an address to the public, 'le President' announces that "Stella Artois is launching a Cidre. Not Cider. For gentlement and women who can appreciate a sophisticated drink".
The ad will run for six weeks and follows an outdoor poster campaign to publicise the new 4.5%abv Belgian cider. Financial details of the campaign were not disclosed.
Last week, A-B InBev warned that it is struggling to satisfy early consumer demand for Stella Artois Cidre.
To view the new advert, see below.
I can't help but feel slightly bemused by the furore surrounding a report that Anheuser-Busch InBev paid a communications agency to change details on a Wikipedia page for one of its brands....
They've been arguing for more than 100 years, but are we in danger of reaching some sort of clarity on the Budweiser trademark dispute in Europe?...
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery is planning to raise up to CNY2.21bn (US$350m) via a share issue in order to expand capacity in China's growing beer market, according to local reports....
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has defended its use of a lobbying agency to remove references to the term 'wife beater' from the Wikipedia page for its Stella Artois lager brand....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends