Anheuser-Busch InBev incubator fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew company
AB InBev's ZX Ventures unit started operations last year
Anheuser-Busch InBev's venture capital unit ZX Ventures has purchased US homebrew supply company Northern Brewer.
A spokesperson for ZX Ventures told just-drinks the company was "excited to enter the homebrew space". Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
"ZX Ventures, AB InBev's disruptive growth organisation, is pleased to share we have partnered with Northern Brewer," said Cassiano Hissnauer, global VP of homebrewing at ZX Ventures. "The team there shares our passion for brewing and commitment to the best ingredients.
"Northern Brewer has been a leader in homebrewing for more than 20 years, and has built an extraordinary network and community of homebrewers."
Northern Brewer said on its website that the sale would help continue to grow its business. The firm, which was founded in 1993, operates an online shop as well as retail outlets in Minesota and Wisconsin. Northern Brewer also sells cider and winemaking kits.
ZX Ventures was established in 2015.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research