BELGIUM/MEXICO: Anheuser-Busch InBev gets 95% of Grupo Modelo
A-B InBev is finally getting control of Modelo
In the long-running deal, the Budweiser brewer said late last week that a total of around two billion shares had been tendered at its offer of US$9.15 per share. The deadline for the tender offer expired on Friday (31 May).
The shares represent around 89% of Modelo's stock. On top of A-B InBev's existing stake, this brings it interest in Modelo to 95%, it said.
A-B InBev's move for Modelo was finally given the green light in April after the Department of Justice dropped its anti-trust lawsuit over the deal.
Modelo shareholders who did not offer their stock will have a 25-month period to sell their shares to A-B InBev, the brewer said.
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
Beer in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile al...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research