GLOBAL: Anheuser-Busch InBev extends Budweiser FIFA World Cup tie-up
Anheuser-Busch InBev has secured 'official beer' status for its Budweiser brand at two further FIFA World Cup football tournaments.
The brewer, which started Budweiser's sponsorship of the four-yearly tournament in 1986, confirmed earlier today (25 October) that it will continue in the role for the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. As well as the World Cup, A-B InBev will have global sponsorship rights for the FIFA Confederations Cup up to and including 2022.
Financial details behind the deal were not disclosed.
As well as the official beer role for Budweiser, A-B InBev said it "will also have the opportunity to leverage its portfolio of beers by extending local sponsorship rights to its ... brands in selected football markets".
The company already has its sponsorship arranged for the next edition of the World Cup, in Brazil in 2014.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
C&C Group has added two non-executive directors to its board as it looks to bring "international market expertise" on-board....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research