CANADA: Anheuser-Busch InBev expands Bud Light Platinum launch
Bud Light Platinum was launched in the US last year
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched its Bud Light Platinum in Canada, the brand's first foray outside the US.
A-B InBev's Canadian unit Labatt Breweries will handle distribution of the 6% beer, launched in the US last year, Labatt said yesterday (6 February). The brewer said Platinum will “shape a new category of premium beer in Canada”.
Platinum follows fellow Bud Light extensions Bud Light Lime and Bud Light Lime Mojito into the Canadian market, Labatt said.
Recent figures releases in the US suggest that the growth of craft beer in the country continues unabated. Larry Nelson takes a look at the numbers....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018