INDIA: Anheuser-Busch InBev "cooperating" over SEC corruption probe
A-B InBev has a small presence in India
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it is cooperating with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) after the body launched an investigation into the brewer's India JV over possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
In a filing yesterday (25 March), A-B InBev said that the SEC is looking into InBev Indian Int’l Private Ltd and “certain relationships” of agents and employees. “We are investigating the conduct in question and cooperating with the SEC,” the company said.
Today, an A-B InBev spokesperson told just-drinks the brewer works closely with its global partners on compliance. “We do not tolerate any violations,” the spokesperson said.
just-drinks understands that the investigation is at an early stage and no claims have been made.
A-B InBev owns Indian subsidiary Crown Beers India and has a minority stake in a JV with RKJ Group for local production. It holds about 2% market share in India.
Beam Inc is also investigating allegations of possible violations of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in India. In February, an analyst warned that the investigation, launched in October, has damaged Beam's sales in the country and could hamper growth for most of this year.
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. In thi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. Part o...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future