UPDATE UK: Anheuser-Busch InBev confirms UK restructure
The recently-merged unit said today (8 December) that it has started a consultation process with employees of InBev and A-B in the country about synergies "as a result of the integration of the two companies".
"Along with the synergies identified as part of the integration we have also decided to carry out restructures within a number of areas across the businesses," the company said, declining to comment further on which areas are under consideration.
"Both consultation around proposed role impacts as a result of integration and proposed role impact as a result of a restructure will be conducted at the same time," A-B Inbev said.
"We are committed to ensuring that people are treated with integrity and respect throughout the integration process. At this time however, it is business as usual in the UK."
No timescale was given for further announcements on the matter.
One analyst told just-drinks today that the move was "not any big surprise". He speculated that A-B's UK sales and marketing teams, plus the group's brewery at Mortlake, could be most affected.
An e-mail memo was sent to UK staff by A-B InBev senior management, warning of "potential redundancies", according to a report in yesterday's Independent on Sunday newspaper.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to private Chinese investor Chen Fashu for US$235m....
Private equity group Kohl Kravis Roberts & Co has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to sell minority stakes in Oriental Brewery, which it agreed to buy from Anheuser-Busch InBev last ...
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, the private equity group behind the purchase of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery last month, has posted net losses of US$1.9bn for 2008....
Innovative Beverage Group (IBG) has entered into an agreement with Ludwig Distributing Company to bring the company's 'relaxation beverage' Drank to east-central Arkansas....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has teamed up with Nascar driver Richard Petty for a 'Budweiser responsibility' campaign aimed at reminding fans to use a designated driver when drinking....
Labatt Brewing Co, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has filed a lawsuit against fellow Canadian group Brick Brewing Co, accusing it of copying one of the group's beer labels....
Private equity group KKR, the buyer of A-B InBev's Oriental Brewery, may join Diageo in buying a stake in India's United Spirits, according to a report....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review