US: Anheuser-Busch InBev completes US$3bn note pricing
The global brewer, which has been raising funds throughout this year to help pay off a loan to acquire Anheuser-Busch last last year, said yesterday (14 May) that the $3bn pricing is made up of $1.55bn aggregate principal amount of notes due 2014, $1bn aggregate principal amount of notes due 2019 and $450m aggregate principal amount of notes due 2039.
The notes will bear interest at an annual rate of 5.375% for the five-year notes, 6.875% for the ten-year notes and 8% for the 30-year notes and will mature on 15 November, 2014, 2019 and 2039, respectively.
The net proceeds from the sale of the notes will be used to repay short term debt and to repay a portion of the outstanding indebtedness incurred for the purpose of financing the A-B acquisition, the company said.
"We are pleased to have successfully completed an additional capital market transaction, having now raised US$11.5bn in 2009," said Felipe Dutra, A-B InBev's CFO. "The proceeds from this transaction allow us to further term out our debt maturity profile and, in line with our commitment, substantially reduce debt maturing prior to November 2010."
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Disappointment over Anheuser-Busch InBev's third quarter beer sales has been largely offset by the brewer's optimism on the fourth quarter and progress on synergies, according to analysts....
Anheuser-Busch InBev booked an increase in profits in the third quarter of the year as price rises and cost cuts offset lower beer consumption....
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Thursday 12 November....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected accusations of gender bias in its executive pay scale, following a lawsuit filed by Anheuser-Busch's ex-communications chief....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review