US: Anheuser-Busch InBev completes InBev USA sale
Under the terms of the agreement announced on 23 February, KPS has acquired the assets of the unit, which also does business under the name Labatt USA, and an exclusive license, granted by Labatt Brewing Company, to brew and sell Labatt branded beer in the US.
"This transaction does not affect Labatt branded beer in Canada or anywhere else outside the United States and also does not impact Kokanee, Alexander Keith's, Brahma or any other brands except for Labatt branded beer," a statement confirmed.
In November, InBev agreed to divest the assets of InBev USA LLC to win clearance from the US Department of Justice for its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.
Both Anheuser-Busch InBev - purveyor of the president's favorite tipple - Bud Light - and MillerCoors are raising prices at the same time, during a recession and while beer demand is slumping. With an...
A shift in demand for premium beers in western markets and a cautious second-half outlook has taken some of the shine off a strong first half performance from Anheuser-Busch InBev, writes Michelle Rus...
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar does not have an exclusive right to the name "Bud" in EU member states, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled....
Anheuser-Busch has expanded the number of test markets for its Select 55 beer brand in the US....
Cider firms in the UK may look to lower the alcohol content of their products, following in the footsteps of a new wave of lower alcohol beers, the new head of the country's cider trade body believes....
C&C Group has declined to comment further on reports claiming that it is looking to expand its Magners cider brand to the Nordic markets....
Beringer Vineyards is to sponsor the PGA Tour, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour in the US beginning next year....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down