US: Anheuser-Busch InBev CMO steps aside
Chris Burggraeve has stepped down as A-B InBev's CMO
Anheuser-Busch InBev's global chief marketing officer, Chris Burggraeve, has stepped down from his post.
"After 23 years of working for some of the best global brand companies, Chris has decided to explore his own entrepreneurial potential," InBev told just-drinks in an emailed statement earlier today (27 April).
A Belgian native, Burggraeve joined InBev in October 2007. Prior to joining the brewer, he was at Coca-Cola for almost 13 years, where his last post was as group marketing director for European operations.
Burggraeve follows A-B InBev's US president Dave Peacock, who stepped down at the end of January. Peacock was the last surviving executive of the Anheuser-Busch era. He will be replaced by Asia Pacific president Miguel Patricio, who was InBev's zone president for North America before moving to his current post. Patricio joined InBev in 1998.
He has previously worked for companies including Philip Morris and Coca-Cola.
In an interview with just-drinks in June last year, Burggraeve spoke about InBev's attempts to deal with the breakneck pace of the China market and how he had to reign in the free-spending Anheuser-Busch's marketing budget after the A-B InBev merger in 2008.
It has been an absorbing day at the ICAP 'Global Actions: Initiatives to Reduce Harmful Drinking' conference here in Washington DC....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- TWE's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Carlsberg's cost-saving plan "achieving traction"
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Full-year profits soar for Treasury Wine Estates
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages