US: Anheuser-Busch InBev cans bud.tv
Anheuser-Busch InBev has closed down its bud.tv website, reportedly due to dwindling visitor numbers and problems maintaining the volume of content.
The site was closed down on Wednesday and visitors now see a message saying thank you for coming to the website but suggesting they move on to the company's branded websites for Bud Light and Budweiser.
Speaking to the publication Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch's VP-marketing, Keith Levy said the costs and effort levels required to produce the original content was too much for a brewer.
"If the networks can't continuously produce that [volume of content], how can a beer company?" he said.
Bud.tv was launched in 2007 and is reported to have cost US$15m to start up.
A shift in demand for premium beers in western markets and a cautious second-half outlook has taken some of the shine off a strong first half performance from Anheuser-Busch InBev, writes Michelle Rus...
SABMiller CEO Graham Mackay has reiterated that the group is interested in acquisitions, but the brewer has not been as inactive in the last 18 months as some may suppose....
Russia's Brewers' Union has warned the country's Government against a sharp excise tax rise on beer, as the industry ups the pressure on politicians ahead of debate on the 2010 Budget....
A change in supplier payment terms earlier this year helped to boost Carlsberg's cash flow in the first half of 2009, but has drawn criticism in the UK....
Packaging giant Ball Corporation plans to complete its acquisition of four beverage can plants from Anheuser-Busch InBev by the end of September....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has warned that it expects greater pressure on operating profits in second half of 2009....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported solid rise in net sales and profits for the first half of 2009....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends