US: Anheuser-Busch InBev brushes off Teamsters complaint
Anheuser-Busch InBev says not responsible for alleged actions of third party distributor
Anheuser-Busch InBev has countered a claim by the Teamsters trade union that the Budweiser brewer should be held partially responsible for an alleged breach of envrionment regulations at an affiliate distributor.
Teamsters in Ohio has filed a complaint with the state's Environmental Protection Agency, alleging that Heidelberg Distributing illegally dumped contaminated water in a storm drain on the company's property.
As well as accusing Heidelberg, Teamsters said: "We believe that corporate citizens such as Anheuser-Busch [InBev] also have a responsibility to the community to ensure that the companies they hire to distribute their products are not hurting the environment."
However, a spokesperson for A-B InBev told just-drinks late yesterday (25 July): "Heidelberg Distributing is one of our valued wholesalers, but it is an independent business and we have no involvement in their daily operations nor do we direct them in labor matters."
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
It's the week of forecasts on just-drinks this week. On Tuesday, Ian Buxton considered what 2012 will bring for the world of whisky. Today, Chris Losh looks at what the next 12 months will provide for...
This week is prediction week on just-drinks. On Thursday, Chris Losh will give us his annual, tongue-in-cheek forecasts for the coming year. Today, however, Ian Buxton, consider what might happen in b...
Much has been written about the continued growth potential for imported spirits in China, but a new report from The IWSR examines the special position the traditional spirit, baijiu, holds in the Chin...
Diageo has said that it is appealing against efforts by the South Korean Government to levy extra tax on its previous drinks sales in the country....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review