US: Anheuser-Busch InBev brands Beck's, Kirin lawsuits "frivolous"
A-B InBev has come under the microscope around its marketing of Beck's
In one case, two Miami residents have accused the brewer of confusing consumers through its packaging into thinking Kirin is imported from Japan and brewed with Japanese ingredients. However, the brand, owned by Japan's Kirin Holdings, is brewed by A-B InBev under contract in the US.
Earlier this month, A-B InBev was hit with a similar lawsuit over Beck's. A Florida man claimed the company is using terms including “Originated in Germany” on the brand's label to charge a higher price, the St Louis Business Journal reported.
But in a statement to just-drinks late yesterday (31 October), an A-B InBev spokesperson said: “These are frivolous lawsuits with no basis, and each has been filed by the same law firm in Florida.
“We have been meticulously loyal to both Kirin and Beck’s origins, including Beck’s strict adherence to Reinheitsgebot (German Purity Law). We are proud to employ our American brewmasters to brew Beck’s and Kirin to the same standards of where they originated."
“We have been transparent with consumers on the United States brewing, as each beer indicates they are a product of the USA on the primary packaging."
Yesterday, A-B InBev reported a single-digit rise in year-to-date global net profits and sales.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research