CHINA: Anheuser-Busch InBev begins Sichuan brewery construction
Anheuser-Busch InBev will spend just under US$95m on the new brewery in China
The Chinese arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has begun construction of a new brewery in Sichuan province in the country.
The unit confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (20 April) that it hosted the official groundbreaking ceremony for the CNY650m (US$94.9m) facility in Ziyang last week.
The brewery is being built on a 136,000 square-metre site and will have a production capacity of 3m hectolitres per year, once it begins production in June next year. The site also will have potential for expansion, A-B InBev China said.
"The south-west region of China is an important market to expand our business in China,” said BU president of AB InBev south-west China, Rico Ho.
“In the past, we only sold beers in Sichuan. However, the construction of new south-west production base implies AB InBev will take its root in this market, produce and run more brands locally. Meanwhile, the south-west production base will greatly enhance our operation efficiency in the local market and strengthen our distribution network.”
We fully intend to keep an eye on how things develop here in the UK with Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra bottled beer brand....
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research