US: Anheuser-Busch InBev beefs up Goose Island distribution
Goose Island will get a distribution boost starting in November
Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to roll out its core Goose Island brands in all 50 US states, the company has confirmed.
Goose Island's Honker's Ale, 312 Urban Wheat Ale, India Pale Ale and its Mild Winter Ale will all feature in the on-trade roll-out to an extra 25 states. Draught versions of the beer will be delivered to wholesalers at the end of October to be made available to bars in November.
A-B InBev, which bought Goose Island for US$38.8m last year, will also take on the brewing of the Chiacago-based firm's beers at its Fort Collins brewery. Goose Island brands will still be produced at A-B InBev's Baldwinsville brewery.
Tony Bowker, Goose Island's COO, said: "We are excited to bring our hometown beers to new customers through the support of Anheuser-Busch’s state-of-the-art breweries and wholesaler network."
He added that the company's Fulton Street brewery would "focus on innovation and production of vintage and barrel-aged beers", following the roll-out.
Last month, A-B InBev revealed it is planing to release three limited-edition craft-style beers in the US in October.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
It would appear that either Anheuser-Busch InBev doesn't have the stomach for a courtroom battle with the US Department of Justice - would anyone? - or it has had 'a bit of a chat' with the department...
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends