US: Anheuser-Busch InBev beefs up Goose Island distribution
Goose Island will get a distribution boost starting in November
Anheuser-Busch InBev is set to roll out its core Goose Island brands in all 50 US states, the company has confirmed.
Goose Island's Honker's Ale, 312 Urban Wheat Ale, India Pale Ale and its Mild Winter Ale will all feature in the on-trade roll-out to an extra 25 states. Draught versions of the beer will be delivered to wholesalers at the end of October to be made available to bars in November.
A-B InBev, which bought Goose Island for US$38.8m last year, will also take on the brewing of the Chiacago-based firm's beers at its Fort Collins brewery. Goose Island brands will still be produced at A-B InBev's Baldwinsville brewery.
Tony Bowker, Goose Island's COO, said: "We are excited to bring our hometown beers to new customers through the support of Anheuser-Busch’s state-of-the-art breweries and wholesaler network."
He added that the company's Fulton Street brewery would "focus on innovation and production of vintage and barrel-aged beers", following the roll-out.
Last month, A-B InBev revealed it is planing to release three limited-edition craft-style beers in the US in October.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
It would appear that either Anheuser-Busch InBev doesn't have the stomach for a courtroom battle with the US Department of Justice - would anyone? - or it has had 'a bit of a chat' with the department...
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report