US: Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints sports marketing head
Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints sports marketing chief in US
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed Blaise D'Sylva to head its media, sports and entertainment marketing division in the US.
D'Sylva will take up the role on 16 January and will report to the Budweiser brewer's VP of marketing in the US, Paul Chibe. D'Sylva replaces Mark Wright, who left last summer to oversee media operations at AT&T, a spokesperson for A-B InBev told just-drinks today (4 January).
"Blaise brings a combination of strategic, analytical and entrepreneurial qualities needed to expand the capabilities of Anheuser-Busch in today's media landscape," said Chibe. D'Sylva has spent 20 years in the media and marketing industries.
He was most recently sales manager at ESPN, where he was responsible for generating advertising sales revenue across multiple ESPN platforms, including television, digital, print and audio.
A-B InBev has strong links to sport in the US. Its partners include the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), National Basketball Association (NBA), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Major League Soccer (MLS) and in NASCAR.
This story was updated at 16:26 UK time with details of who D'Sylva is replacing in the role.
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends