US: Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints sports marketing head
Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints sports marketing chief in US
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed Blaise D'Sylva to head its media, sports and entertainment marketing division in the US.
D'Sylva will take up the role on 16 January and will report to the Budweiser brewer's VP of marketing in the US, Paul Chibe. D'Sylva replaces Mark Wright, who left last summer to oversee media operations at AT&T, a spokesperson for A-B InBev told just-drinks today (4 January).
"Blaise brings a combination of strategic, analytical and entrepreneurial qualities needed to expand the capabilities of Anheuser-Busch in today's media landscape," said Chibe. D'Sylva has spent 20 years in the media and marketing industries.
He was most recently sales manager at ESPN, where he was responsible for generating advertising sales revenue across multiple ESPN platforms, including television, digital, print and audio.
A-B InBev has strong links to sport in the US. Its partners include the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), National Basketball Association (NBA), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Major League Soccer (MLS) and in NASCAR.
This story was updated at 16:26 UK time with details of who D'Sylva is replacing in the role.
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China